Monday, October 1, 2007

Mills writes on September 30th........

I know I have been out of touch now, and I am really sorry. Our schedule has been really packed with tons and tons of last minute projects and then when we have time to sit down, we are taking with the Saindons. I have been trying to make the most out of each of these last days with the local boys, with playing and swimming with them.

We are in a way ready for the SLC. Today Gabe and I will sit down and talk more on it. It's funny most of the YL games would be perfect except they waste food! Duck, Duck Egg, and flower bomb fights are offensive because of the wasted food. We are working around that, but I think it will be fun. We are getting a lot of advice from all of the missionaries that are attending. Haha!

Church was good today, Gabe finished the book of James which was a real blessing to the church. It is our last Sunday here and we said a few words each and then the church kinda said some things back. We were both really touched by Aubi and what he had to say. He just said he can't find any way to say it, but that he was blessed so much by our time. He just kept repeating that he couldn't find a way to say it. I was really really humbled when he cried, especially because of what it means in this
culture. He and his family said that they really feel like they were losing part of their own. It is never good leaving a place where you get attached.

Tomorrow we are building a dam in the river to raise the level so that we can pump water into Chiconono. We built a huge cage to lay and stack rocks in. We will drain the existing and broken dam and then bust out the bed rock to make way for the new. Then we will carefully go in and fill this HUGE 10 by 2 meter cage. It is about as tall as me, and we want to fill it with rocks. We are telling the locals to all bring rocks to help. I will try and take some pictures and things.

Oh yeah today after church I asked if we could take pictures of all of us, I think they turned out well. I gotta run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home